Monday, January 16, 2006

Celebrate Your Curves

catslovehoppies: It's very cold today, but I'm happy abou: "But the good thing about belly dancing is that you don't look too awkward if you're a little heavy--or, hell, even if you're huge--and you learn to dance. I've actually decided that really skinny women look kind of funny doing it after seeing dancers about my size dancing."

This is so true. Belly Dancing is about celebrating your body as a woman. You are supposed to have curves (although some of us have larger curves than others)!

Lisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, there! Quite a lovely blog you're building. I'm very glad to hear from another belly dancer; I'm learning on my own at home, so I haven't had to chance to meet other dancers. And I'm always so happy to hear of women who realize that we're SUPPOSED to have curves. Otherwise, we'd look like 10-year-old boys in drag. But I'm very lucky to have support in both my dancing and my shape. Until I showed my husband pictures of other curvy belly dancers, he didn't want me to learn. He thought I wanted to get skinny and opposed!!! Now he loves it.

Take care,
CatsLoveHoppies

Lisa said...

That's the great thing about the internet, and now blogs - you can always find someone with similar interests.

Glad you popped by,

Lisa x