Sunday, July 09, 2006

More Shakira and Belly Dancing

"I've been belly-dancing since I was four years old," Shakira, 25, was saying from Miami in an exclusive Canadian newspaper interview with The Sun."And nobody taught me how to do it. So it's something that's in my DNA, that I inherited. But I never got the opportunity to show my skills as a belly-dancer because I never did songs with this kind of Arabic element involved before. It seems that people really felt curious about that aspect."

CANOE -- JAM! Music - Artists - Shakira: Road trip ... she's driving


Further to previous posts about Shakira and her belly dancing roots, I found this interview she did. It still doesn't explain all the influences in her dancing but she does suggest that belly dancing just came naturally.


Lisa x

technorati tags:, , , , ,

No comments: